Jio 5G Service: Reliance Jio is fully on track to complete its mission to deploy 5G network in major cities of India by 2023. The telco is already live with its standalone 5G network in more than 100 cities, reaching more metropolitan areas every day. In a recent development, the telco has expanded its 5G coverage to the cities of Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand.
Dubbed Jio True 5G the network connectivity is now live in Chhattisgarh (Raipur, Durg, Bhilai), Bihar (Patna, Muzaffarpur), Jharkhand (Ranchi, Jamshedpur), Karnataka (Bijapur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary), Odisha (Rourkela, Brahmapur) , Kerala (Kollam), Andhra Pradesh (Eluru) and Maharashtra (Amravati) and more cities. “Technology is a great unifier. Jio is proud to launch its Jio True 5G services in the three states of Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand and expand its reach to five states of Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, during such an auspicious time marked through festivities including Makar Sankranti, Lohri, Pongal and Bihu,” Jio spokesman said.
Significantly, Mukesh Ambani, head of the telecom service, launched its 5G services in October 2022 and plans to support the growth of e-governance, education, automation, artificial intelligence, gaming, healthcare, agriculture, IT and SMEs sectors in support the Indian states.
Jio 5G Cities: Full List
- October 4, 2022: Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kolkata
- October 22, 2022: Nathdwara, Chennai
- Nov 10, 2022: Bangalore, Hyderabad
- November 11, 2022: Gurugram, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad
- November 23, 2022: Poona
- Nov 25, 2022: 33 Districts of Gujarat
- December 14, 2022: Ujjain Temples
- December 20, 2022: Kochi, Guruvayur Temple
- December 26, 2022: Tirumala, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur,
- Dec 28, 2022: Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh,
- Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, Derabassi
- Dec 29, 2022: Bhopal, Indore
- January 5, 2023: Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack
- January 6, 2023: Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ludhiana, Siliguri
- January 7, 2023: Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
- 7 January 2023: Agra, Kanpur, Meerut, Prayagraj, Tirupati, Nellore, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Nagpur, Ahmednagar.
- 15 January 2023: Raipur, Durg, Bhilai, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary, Rourkela, Brahmapur, Kollam, Eluru and Amravati.
With the recent launches, Jio has announced to become the first and only operator to launch 5G in most cities in India. However, it should be noted that Jio 5G is in beta mode and not all users who live in 5G cities will get direct access to the network. Jio sends a welcome invitation to users when the network is ready for use in their area.
What is Jio Welcome Offer
If the users with a 5G-enabled phone have downloaded the latest system update to Support, they have a higher chance of receiving the Jio 5G welcome offer. Under the offer, Jio users will get unlimited 5G internet usage at no extra cost.
However, to use 5G, Jio users will need to ensure they have an active mobile recharge plan – prepaid or postpaid – for Rs 239 or higher. OnePlus 5G smartphone could be available for Rs 10,950, know how
Jio 5G plan launched
While no special 5G plan has been launched by Jio, the telcom has listed a special data add-on plan for users who do not have a Rs 239 or higher package.
Priced at Rs 61, the stated data extension pack offers 6 GB data with a limited validity to the existing plan. Users can charge with this package to access the 5G network.
Connect your smartphone to Jio 5G
After receiving the Jio Welcome offer, you will then need to change your phone’s settings to connect to the new network. To do this, go to the Settings menu > go to network settings > then switch to 5G.Jio Launches Happy New Year 2023 Plan, Get Lots Of Special Benefits, Check The Details Right Away
The mail Jio 5G service available in over 100 Indian cities; Check if your city is on the list first appeared on informalnewz.